SCHEME FOR SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF SOLAR LANTERNS (SLs)
- Short title and commencement:-
- This scheme may be called as Grant of subsidy for supply and installation of Solar Lanterns used to conserve electricity by use of Renewable Energy.
- The subsidy will be provided from GIA received through DST& E of Goa.
- It shall come into force with immediate effect.
- Introduction to the scheme:-
- i) Depletion of conventional Energy Sources is the global problem. There is need to promote Renewable Energy Sources achieved by use of Solar Lanterns in the state
- Government of Goa has launched the scheme for promoting Solar Lanterns and desires to extend its support to save energy/ electricity by providing Natural sources of energy in the form of promoting SL systems.
(iii) Under the scheme solar lantern is provided to the beneficiaries on subsidy @ ₹ 1500/- per unit of i) model- IIA ( 10 watts module) ii) model- IIB ( 12 watts module) approved by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) GOI, New Delhi for domestic use. Applications received from the beneficiaries are addressed on first come first served basis.
- vi) This scheme is therefore formulated in order to promote conserving electricity in the state of Goa.
- Objectives of the scheme:-
- i) This scheme is formulated with the objective of
| a) To promote use of SPV system for lighting.
b) To provide assistance for promotion and installation of SL Systems as Renewable sources of energy in the state.
c) To create awareness and demonstrate effective and innovative use of SPV systems for Individual/ Community /Institutional/Industrial applications.
d) To provide as an alternative for meeting rural lighting/ energy requirements and as emergency lights.
e) To reduce the consumption of Kerosene for lighting purpose by replacing the K. Lanterns.
- Scope of the scheme:-
- i) Financial subsidy under this scheme shall be provided for the following components:
- a) Supply and Installation of solar lanterns of specified models for domestic use.
iii) Financial assistance will be provided in form of subsidy, subject to the condition that ₹ 1500/- per unit for MNRE approved models of II-A and model- IIB. Initially the beneficiary has to pay full amount for the set up provided for domestic use. GEDA will pay the subsidy amount to the concerned beneficiary. Subsidy will be released only after the joint inspection and commissioning report along with beneficiary photograph of the said system.
- Eligibility for availing benefits under the scheme:-
- Only those beneficiaries possessing ration card along with Election ID / Adhar Card are entitled for the benefits under scheme on first come first served basis.
- Quantum of financial subsidy under the Scheme:-
(i) The total allocation amount on annual basis of financial subsidy will be restricted to ₹ 2.25 lakhs only in form of subsidy for supply/ installation of SLs.
- ii) This assistance shall be provided to the prospective beneficiaries through e- transfer of funds.
(iii)Government reserves the right to stop future grants and also modify the financial quantum, so also the conditions of the scheme, depending upon the budgetary provisions. Government also reserves the right to sanction the grant to the Institution as well as hold in abeyance or suspend or cancel the scheme, at any point of time; and no claim or appeal or challenge shall lie with any authority or tribunal or court, in respect of this decision of the Government.
- Pattern of Assistance of the Scheme:-
(i) “The GEDA shall be entitled to Government grants based on the estimate approved by the Government in the Budget Estimate during that financial year” for the scheme and will be sanctioned as per the terms and conditions laid by the Government.
(ii) The grants shall be disbursed to the beneficiary concerned on the supply and installation of SLs systems.
(iii) The entire amount of the subsidy of the financial year i.e. months of April to March, should be utilized before the month of March of the subsequent year of grant and only for the purpose for which it is sanctioned. Any portion of the grant, which is ultimately not utilized, will be refunded to Government treasury. After ‘utilizing/refunding’ the sanctioned amount, an Utilization Certificate should be furnished to the sanctioning authority as required under Form GFR – 19A.
- The account of the Grantee in respect of this grant should be audited by the government approved Auditor / Chartered Accountant and such certificate shall be submitted along with report which is to be submitted for the claim being made for the subsequent year of grant. The accounts of the grants shall be maintained separately and properly from its normal activities and submitted as and when required who may, with prior approval of the Government, institute and conduct an audit with the assistance of the Directorate of Accounts, Government of Goa. The accounts shall be open to the test check by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India at his discretion.
- The Audited statement of accounts showing the expenditure incurred by the Grantee from the grants should be furnished to the Government as soon as possible after the close of the financial year or on completion of six months for which the grant is sanctioned together with a certificate from the Auditor to the effect that the grants was utilized for the purpose for which it was sanctioned.
- A performance-cum-achievement report specifying in detail the achievements made by the Grantee with the Government grants / amount sanctioned should be furnished to the Department of STE annually before the month of September of the subsequent year of grant.
- The grantee Institution must exercise reasonable economy, observe all financial proprietary and the financial rules as issued by the Government from time to time while incurring the expenditure.
- In case of miss utilization of grants, the amount so miss utilized shall be recovered from the Grantee Institution, in a manner as decided by the Government and in terms of the provisions and in accordance to the law in force. The Government shall also initiate appropriate criminal proceedings against the perpetrators.
- The amount remaining unspent out of this grant on or before the month of September of the subsequent year of grant, if not adjusted against subsequent sanctions, shall be refunded back to the Government Treasury by challan within 3(three) month from the date of submission of report
- Relaxation of the provisions of the scheme:-
The Government shall be empowered to relax any or all of the clauses or conditions of this scheme in genuine case(s) for sanction of the grant.
- Interpretation of the provisions of this scheme:-
If any question arises regarding interpretation of any clause, word, expression of the scheme, the decision about the interpretation shall lie with the Government, which shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- Redressed of grievances and dispute:-
Grievances or disputes if any, arising out of implementation of this Scheme, shall be referred to the Secretary, NCES to Government who shall hear and decide such matters and the decision of the Secretary to the Government in this regard shall be final and binding on all concerned.
Provided no grievance or dispute regarding the decision of the Government under clause 6 (iii) above shall lie with any authority or tribunal or court, in respect of the decision.
- This scheme has been issued with the administrative approval of the Government under No………….. dated………… and concurrence of the Finance (Exp.) Department vide their U.O. No. ………….. .. dated …………. and with the approval of the Government under No. ………….. dated …………
Order and in the name of the
Governor of Goa